Thursday, March 17, 2011

does national health care help corporations?

The government seems to be so focused on appeasing big business.  We need to lower their costs so they will continue to do business in America and not move operations overseas.  Well, I know a way that we can greatly reduce their costs.  Give everyone health care.  At my business, it costs around $1000 to insure an employee and one child.  If I had 50 employees, that would be $50k.  If there was a national health care program, employers would be free of this expense.

The only problem with this is that giving people health care would release them from their employer.  People would not be beholden to their employer and would be free to leave if the employer abused their employees. 
So is it worth $50k to make all of my employees indentured servants?  I guess I can just reduce their salaries by $1000 and it'll be a wash.  Hell, I'll reduce it by $3000 and come out $150k ahead.  If they don't like it, they can quit and risk bankruptcy if they should happen to get hit by a car or have some other medical emergency.  

No comments:

Post a Comment