Thursday, March 17, 2011

diversionary tactics for elections

Our trade policy encourages the outsourcing of jobs, so I became unemployed.  I applied for other jobs for 100 weeks, but since there are 5 people looking for every one job available, I could not land one.  Even though I had unemployment for many weeks, it was not enough and I lost my home; so now I am homeless and have terrible credit.  Because of the unregulated banks, all of my retirement money has been lost, although those who lost it still get million-dollar bonuses.  Because of the unregulated industry, my ground water is polluted and my air and food are toxic.  Because of this, I contracted a life-threatening but curable disease, but since I have no health insurance, I cannot afford the treatment and will now soon die.  

But none of that matters.  Our government is doing what it should.  When I die, all I will think is "Thank God the gays can't marry", and "Thank God there will not be another mosque in Manhattan", and Thank God for that fence along the border".

Please remember what is really important in this upcoming election.  Some people are trying to distract us from the huge problems we face by baiting our fear and hatred.  Don't fall for it and don't fall into the trap of fear.  It's a diversion because they have no answers to the problems; so they make up imaginary problems to distract us.  If the above was your story, what would you want the government to be doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment