Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My apologies (sarcastic title)

I got laid off because the CEO of my company wanted to take 4 million more dollars out of the US economy.  2 million went to workers in China, 2 million went into his Swiss bank account.  So although I want to work, and have worked hard for 25 years, I lose my job.  I thought that just sucked for me.  But now I am told that I amd the problem with the US economy because I am not paying taxes.  So I'm sorry to my fellow citizens for being so selfish as to be laid off and being so poor as to not be able to contribute.

The Republicans and the right wing pundits love to rail about how 50% of US citizens pay no federal income tax (they say no tax because they intentionally ignore sales, property, and payroll taxes; the things that the poor pay a much higher percentage of their income towards).  But they never point out how many of those people don't pay taxes because the current economic climate has pushed them down so far that they have nothing left to tax.  It's like you stab me in the chest and then complain that I am ruining your carpet.  You break my legs and then complain that I am not running fast enough.  You defund my school and then call me ignorant.  You steal my money and call me poor.  When I ask for it back, you accuse me of class warfare.    \
This is bullshit.

No comments:

Post a Comment