Saturday, January 28, 2012

Let's change the rules

Let's say we're playing football.  I pay off the refs to change the rules.  I get to have 20 men on my side, you get to have 5.  I get unlimited downs per possession, you get one.  If I throw an interception or fumble the ball, it is given right back to me.  If you somehow manage to score, 50% of your points go to me. 

And when you complain that this is not fair, I will counter that "You are just envious of my success.  You're engaging in class warfare.  You're trying to re-distribute my wealth of points.  You are punishing my productivity.  And if I don't get all the points, then I may stop scoring altogether.  And we should know that I am the only one capable of scoring (evidenced by the fact that I am the only one with any points in this game), so you need me as a point-creator.  Once I get enough points, I'll trickle some down to you.  But until then  go out and get your own points.  Your situation has nothing to do with me.  The answer is not to tell me to stop stealing from you, its for you to find someone to steal from.  And if you can't then you don't deserve to eat." 

I don't think this game can last too long.   

No comments:

Post a Comment